SAP HANA is an in-memory, column oriented database and platform which can be deployable as on premise, On-Cloud and hybrid (On premise and On-Cloud both). SAP HANA runs on only authenticated hardware.
In this article you will learn about –
* SAP HANA
* SAP HANA In-Memory Concept
* Advantage of SAP HANA
SAP HANA is introduced in 2012 as database for BI, day-by-day it become main database and platform for SAP ERP. It is deployable as on-premises, On-Cloud and Hybrid.
SAP HANA is combination of SAP HANA Database and SAP HANA platform. Which detail is as below-
1. SAP HANA Database – SAP HANA is in-memory database i.e. all data reside in RAM. Actually when SAP HANA server starts, it loads data from hard disk to RAM. Due to data in RAM, no hard disk access required, it result higher performance.
2. SAP HANA Platform – SAP HANA Platform is a development platform, by which simple, powerful and faster application can be develop.
SAP HANA In-Memory Concept
When SAP HANA start up, SUSE Linux Operating System reserve memory for program code / stack and static data. OS can dynamically reserve memory for SAP HANA database upon request from SAP HANA Server.
In above picture it shows that allocated memory for SAP HANA database and used memory by SAP HANA Database.
SAP HANA create a memory pool for manage consumption of memory.
When more memory required by SAP HANA database for table growth, SAP HANA Memory manager manage from Pool.
Any one can take SAP server on rent easily there are lots of company provide SAP server at low price like this website http://online-sap-server-access.blogspot.com/
SAP HANA Advantage
SAP HANA database support real time analytics, means it can be access as by analytics tools.
• All data in SAP HANA database reside in SAP HANA Server RAM, so data access goes to fast.
It leads higher performance, quick result.
• All complex computation done on database layer instead of application layer, provide higher performance.
• SAP HANA database uses Multi Core Processor for parallel processing of job.
• SAP HANA Compress the data is database, so less hard disk required.
• SAP HANA database uses Multi-ternate option, by which multiple database can be created on one machine.
• SAP HANA support Row and Column store type database table.
• Data can be aggregated from many sources, i.e. SAP HANA support many databases.
• Real Time replication can be done by using SLT server.
• SAP HANA providing data modelling and design environment by using SAP HANA Studio.
* SAP HANA is in-memory database and application development platform.
* SAP HANA support real time replication and reporting.
* In SAP HANA data can be loaded from different data sources like SLT, BODS, DXC etc.
* SAP HANA runs on only authenticated hardware.